It is the weekend again and what a weekend if you are a) a Republic of Ireland soccer fan or b) a Bruce Springsteen fan.
Yes, the BIG and the BOSS are in the town tonight so if you are going along to either the Aviva or Croker, have a great time!
In 7 days time it will be the start of the June Bank Holiday weekend so this is just a quick reminder to begin preparing for that shorter payroll week if you are a weekly/fortnightly payroll cycle.
Some tips for shorter weeks:
- Close off your starters and personnel (master data) changes as well as fixed changes (rates, comps benefits) by the Friday before (if possible)
- Emphasise importance of getting P45s from new hires early to avoid temporary tax arrangements
- Ask for hourly/varibale data as early as possible from managers and in one submission
- Get it in to your payroll contact early Tuesday morning
- No late changes from employees (unless critical) to prevent processing delays
Enjoy this weekend and enjoy the long weekend in 7 days (even more!)
Bring on the summer.
All the best,
The Team at Jefferson