- click the P60 to get an instant explanation of sections
- some explanations have further details
- Layouts for P60s can vary (as different software has slightly different layouts)
- content of P60s are essentially the same
When do you receive your P60?
- Only when your employer’s P35 is complete can your P60 be issued
- It is normally issued in January (or by the latest February 23rd which is the P35 deadline)
- It is your earnings and tax record for the previous tax year
What do I need my P60 for?
- For seeking a tax refund / applying for a P21 balancing statement
- To help complete a tax return
- To apply for a loan or mortgage
- For queries on pay and tax for previous tax years
What is this guide for?
- This guide to help you understand your P60
- A P60 can change from year to year with elements often added as legislation changes in Ireland.
- This guide highlights each section on the P60 to hopefully help you learn how to read it and have a better understanding of an Irish P60 in general.
Jefferson Payroll offers Payslip & P60 presentations (so employees can learn specifically how their payslip calculations work specific to their payroll) and are available from mid-late February so let us know if your company is interested. For more details contact us.
OLDER P60 VERSIONS
2014 (issued in 2015) – P60 Explained – see below or view on Pinterest
2013 (issued in 2014) – P60 Explained – see below or view on Pinterest
2012 and prior years – P60 Explained – see below or view on Pinterest
↓ Ever wondered how payroll outsourcing works? ↓
For regular tips, tricks and payroll updates, enter your email on our site, OR follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn All the best, The Team at Jefferson