Skip to main content


If you are starting work for the first time, in order to make sure that your tax is properly dealt with from the start and that your employer deducts the right amount of tax from your pay (under the PAYE system) you should do two things:

  1. Register for myAccount, Revenue’s online portal for a host of services for individuals.
  2. Register your new employment under the Jobs and Pensions Service under myAccount.

Jobs and Pensions is an online service that allows customers register their new job (or private pension) with Revenue.  A tax credit certificate (TCC) will then issue to both the employer and employee ensuring that the employer can deduct the correct amount of tax for that job (or private pension).

Please note: The Jobs and Pensions service replaces the Form 12A, so employees must register their first job in Ireland using this service. Employees unable to use online services should contact their Revenue office for assistance.

Ideally, you should do all this as soon as you accept an offer of a job – even if it is only part-time or holiday employment. This will give your employer and the tax office time to get things sorted out before your first pay-day.

If you need to contact Revenue to discuss you tax status please call 1890 333 425.  (Source: Revenue)


For regular tips, tricks and payroll updates, enter your email on our site, OR follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn

All the best,
The Team at Jefferson

Leave a Reply