As we head towards 2014, our SEPA migration is well on target.
To update you, this is where we stand:
- AIB: Fully tested and Jefferson has gone SEPA live since October 2013
- BNP: Fully tested and Jefferson has gone SEPA live in November 2013
- Danske Bank: Fully tested Jefferson has gone SEPA live in November 2013
- Bank of America: Testing to take place in Q4 2013 – date to be confirmed by BAML
- Barclays: Testing to take place in Q4 2013 – date to be confirmed by Barclays
- HSBC: are meeting clients directly to discuss options. Testing to take place in Q4 2013 – date to be confirmed by HSBC
- Ulster Bank: Testing to take place in Q4 2013 – date to be confirmed by Ulster Bank
- Bank of Ireland*: All details below:
*We understand that there is unlikely to be a new BOI system in place this year for payroll companies to upload SEPA/XML files to BOI.
Therefore from 11th November 2013 BOI will convert Standard 18 bank files to XML on your behalf – you should have received a SEPA Credit Transfer Conversion Form for completion from BOI requesting authorisation to do this.
Please contact the BOI SEPA Team on 1890 818208 to help you complete this form.
Once this form has been completed Jefferson can continue to upload bank files on your behalf for Domestic Bank Accounts only. We will keep you updated of any further news from BOI. Should you have a requirement to make payments to bank accounts outside of the Republic of Ireland from 1st February 2014 please contact your BOI branch to discuss further.
Please note the following carefully:
- Bank cut-off requires that files be uploaded to the bank at latest by 3pm two working days prior to pay date. This is in line with existing Jefferson procedures.
- While we will be using XML format with some banks in 2013 we will only begin accepting foreign bank accounts from January 2014.
- Once we go live with your bank, your EFT Control Report will be replaced by a SEPA Credit Transfer Report .
- We will keep you updated between now and February 2014 with regard to the progression of SEPA testing with the banks.
What you need to do:
- BOI customer should complete the SEPA Credit Transfer Conversion Form
- All clients should continue to approve your payroll and bank file no later than 3pm two working days before pay day
- Ensure you continue to provide BIC & IBAN formats only to payroll on the in the Jefferson format required (that was issued to you previously)
Thanks for your attention on this matter. Any queries on SEPA can be directed to sepa [at] jefferson [dot] ie
You can get automatic updates to this blog by entering your email on the right hand side, following us on Twitter (@jpireland), via our Facebook page, Google+ or our LinkedIn Company Page
All the best,
All the best,
The Team at Jefferson