Skip to main content

Office employee returning to work.

Returning to work…

If you have been unemployed for a short-term or long-term period of time, you should tell Revenue about your new job using their Jobs and Pensions service in myAccount.

You will also need to tell Revenue about any payments you have received from the Department of Social Protection (DSP) during the year. It is wise to call Revenue to discuss your circumstances as they may have other questions to help work out your tax credits for you.

Once a tax certificate is issued, you will be able to view it under PAYE Services available in myAccount.  Your new employer will be issued a P2C file for upload to payroll which will contain your tax certificate details. This will be used to calculate your Tax and USC.

(Source: Revenue)

All the best,
The Team at Jefferson