Skip to main content

Are you entitled to a Health Contribution Refund?

By February 7, 2012February 1st, 2022No Comments

The DSP provided information last week in relation to refunds of health contributions.

So, are you entitled or not? 

You are not entitled if any of the following apply to you: 

  • Your claim is in respect of contributions paid before 2008
  • You earned more than €26,000 per year in any tax year between 2008 to 2010
  • If you earned less than €26,000 and never earned more than €500 in any one week you would not have been charged the Health Contribution and there for no entitlement exists.  

You may be entitled if:

  • You have earned less than €26,000 in any tax year between 2008 to 2010 and earned more than €500 in any given week during that period. 

 How can I confirm this?

  • Your Total Pay (Section A) on your P60 must be less than €26,000 for all employments and you should have contributed at least 1 insurable week at subclass A1 (Section C) – also see How to Read Your P60
  • If the above does apply to you, write to the the Dept of Social Protection,PRSI Refunds Section,
    Oisin House, Pearse Street, Dublin 2,and include your name, address, PPS number and your date of birth. 

 The amount of refund you receive will vary depending on the amount of Health Contribution paid.

You can get automatic updates to this blog by entering your email on the right hand side, via Twitter (@jpireland) or Facebook (search Jefferson Payroll)

All the best,
The Team at Jefferson | Outsource Your Payroll Today

    Leave a Reply